Welcome at Riad Safa, a true haven of peace in the exciting Medina of Marrakesh.
Riad Safa is located in one of the last authentic parts of the old city (medina), with some of the major cultural institutions just around the corner, and ten minutes by foot from the famous Jemaa el Fna square.
Safa means serenity or pureness in Arabic, and it is our aim to provide you with a feeling of pure wellness during the longer or shorter time you stay with us.
The atmosphere therefore, is very quiet. Even at the moments that the Imam of the neighbouring Mosque spreads his prayers over us; then you feel the mistery of the East and the presence of the languorous city.
We speak English and we love to help with everything you would want to be assisted with; whether it is a transfer from or to the airport, the booking of an excursion, or to have you accompanied safely home through the myriad of narrow alleys by our helpfull staff, after a 1001-night dinner in the medina.
We want you to feel comfortable, and at home with us.
Affordable luxury, that is what we want to offer you.
Marrakesh is a bustling and buzzy city, so it is nice to know that after a tiring day of shopping in the souks (covered markets) or a visit to one of the palaces, you can immerse yourself in the lovely quiet of our Riad, and relax in one of the intimate “salons” or, during spring and summer, cool down at the small rooftop pool with a dewy glass.
At night we offer a delicious “table d’hôtes” in a romantic setting on the roofterrace, or indoors, just as you prefer.
The rooms are not very large, but that is largely compensated by the fact that almost all rooms have a private little terrace, for example in the shadow under the orangetree. Furthermore there are a few cosy ‘salons’ where you can relax on the sofa and read a book, or listen to some music. In winter there is a cosy fire.
Untill 11 am we serve a nice and healthy breakfast, wherever you want it served.
You will not find television or telephone in our rooms. But ofcourse there is wifi, and individual heating and airconditioning.
The whole house can be rented, with family or friends (maximum 10 persons, minimum 4 nights) for a birthday, anniversary or other celibration, or just because. For prices you can contact us.
Just some of the services we can offer
- transfer from and to the airport
- a ''table d’hôtes'' (afternoon and evening) with Moroccan inspired dishes
- an in-house hammam; massages and treatments on demand
- citywalk with an English speaking guide
- excursions, one day or multidays
- taking care of all your golf-desires by arranging your entry into one of the 5 beautiful golf courses just outside of town
- reserve you a table in the best, hottest and nicest restaurants in town, and accompany you home
- a taxi to one of the beautiful, luxurious gardens around Marrakesh, with lovely pools and delicious lunch provided
- book you in our friends’ accomodation throughout the country, for example in Essouira or in the desert (bivouac!)
We can’t wait to share our most beautifull spots, nicest restaurants and most special addresses with you!!